SSL Xrack VHD input modul x LMC
SSL´s unique VHD system is a 100% analogue circuit that adds a variable blend of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your signal.
At relatively low input gain settings "VHD" preamps deliver ultra-clean recordings.
Increase the input gain and adjust the VHD control and the user can inject his source recordings with anything from 50s valve-style overdrive through to hard-edged 70s transistor-style grit or any blend of the two.
The VHD Input module combines five key elements; a high bandwidth mic amp stage that can handle mic, instrument or line inputs, SSL´s innovative Variable Harmonic Drive circuit, an additional line input/ trim control section, a set of High and Low Pass Filters and the classic Listen Mic Compressor.
Key features of the X-Rack VHD Input Module include:
· Electronically balanced ultra-high bandwidth Mic input with +20dB to +70dB gain control
· Hi-Z and Pad Switches on Mic Amp Input
· Dedicated Additional XLR Line Input
· Variable Harmonic Drive circuit adds a controllable blend of 2nd or 3rd order Harmonic distortion
· Dedicated Trim control after the VHDstage
· Classic Listen Mic Compressor with fixed attack and release curves ideal for drums
· High- and Low-Pass Filters